Lt. Creager… et al;
Please accept my apology. One important thing I have learned from this horrifying ordeal is that NO ONE has the right to make outrageous, criminal allegations against another without accompanying facts to substantiate those claims. I know from personal experience that the recipient of such an unethical act is left stunned, shell-shocked and without a clear avenue to refute such false claims. Therefore, I would like to give the opportunity to those who DID NOT give me the same, to know exactly what I mean when I state that I have been “continuously and intentionally denied due process of law.” Following is a list of ways in which BOTH due process as well as policy and procedure of VPD have been denied at my expense:
- I have been named in three (3) EPR (electronic police reports) in which attempts have been made to infer that each is a separate, and isolated incident. They are: VP14-6772 (originally connected to a 4th report, VP13-8172—State of Washington v. John Garrett Smith, but later, perhaps on second thought, disassociated with the 2013 report), VP14-16534, and VP15-5279.
**NOTE: I WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN AWARE OF ANY OF THESE REPORTS HAD I NOT PERSISTENTLY DEMANDED PUBLIC RECORDS VIA FOIA REQUESTS MADE TO THE VANCOUVER CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE, CRESA 911, AND THE CLARK COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT RECORDS DIVISION. I HAVE BEEN ASSURED MULTIPLE TIMES THAT THERE ARE NO OTHER RECORDS INVOLVING ME, ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT, INDEED THERE ARE MORE…AND WITHIN THEM ARE MUCH MORE SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS DIRECTED AT ME. IT SHOULD NOT BE A SURPRISE THAT I AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE CLAIM MADE BY VPD PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS UNIT THAT THERE IS NO CURRENT INVESTIGATION OF GUIDO BINI OR MYSELF, AND NO FURTHER POLICE REPORTS BEING CONCEALED FROM US.
- Violations of due process and policy regarding inclusion of my name and personal information in VP14-6772 authored by Detective Sandra Aldridge and approved by Sgt. Andy Hamlin both of whom are currently under internal affairs investigation by the VPD Professional Standards Unit regarding multiple complaints of ongoing witness intimidation, harassment and retaliation against myself and Guido Bini:
- Associated with this report, I was named as “involved” party. An iPhone belonging to me was taken unlawfully (without a warrant) from my possession by Sgt. Andy Hamlin during the false arrest of Guido Bini for unsubstantiated allegations of felony cyber-stalking on May 7th 2014.
- Detective Sandra Aldridge, who made the false arrest failed to follow policy and procedure by keeping the iPhone in her possession rather than in the evidence unit during a period of over 6 months that it was kept before being returned to me in Nov. 2014 when the investigation of Guido Bini was finally closed due to lack of evidence.
- When I contacted Sgt. Hamlin (Aldridge’s supervisor) to file a complaint, request a receipt for my seized property, and inquire as to the identity of the “unknown officer who took my iPhone”, he refused to acknowledge my complaints, refused to give me a receipt, and claimed he did not know who the male officer was (rather than identifying himself as that individual). ALL of this can be verified via email documentation.
- While the seized iPhone was in the possession of VPO Sandra Adridge (with the Domestic Violence Unit, despite the fact that the alleged six month open investigation of Guido Bini was not classified as a DV investigation), the application specific password on the iPhone was accessed and used to further access accounts on both of our personal laptop computers.
- Violations of due process and policy regarding inclusion of my name and personal information in VP14-16534 allegedly authored by VPD officer Taylor Smarr and approved by Sgt. Kennedy
- On Friday, October 24, 2014 (although the police report erroneously cites October 27th), I was the victim of a terry stop during which I was detained and not allowed access to my cell phone while other officers went to my apartment to initiate a second false arrest of Guido Bini per a BOLO alert associated with my vehicle license plate—a vehicle in which Guido Bini has no ownership or direct association.
- In this report, I am also named as “involved” as all of my personal information including my vehicle licensing information had been put on a BOLO (allegedly from July 3rd , but later stated to be from May 30, 2014) with probable cause for arrest of Guido A. Bini for misdemeanor cyber-stalking. The prior attempt for the false arrest of Guy Bini by Aldridge had been foiled with exoneration by Superior Court. While she stated in this BOLO that the new arrest was ordered by Kevin McClure from the City Attorney’s Office and was supported by a new probable cause on file, neither turned out to be true.
- As was plainly clear to us at the time, and remains clear to us now, this was a staged event directly tied to the harassment and witness intimidation we had become victim to in direct connection to our position as potential witnesses for the defense in the case of Washington v. John Garrett Smith.
- What we were not aware of at the time, but have recently discovered through FOIA records requests is that there is a much deeper level of falsification and deceit surrounding this October 24th “mistaken” arrest.
- Violations of due process and policy regarding inclusion of my name and personal information as well as outrageous false allegations of death threats to a prosecutor in VP15-5279 authored by Sgt. Andy Hamlin and approved by Sgt. Andy Hamlin on April 1, 2015 WHILE he was under internal affairs investigation by the VPD Professional Standards Unit regarding multiple complaints of ongoing witness intimidation, harassment and retaliation against myself and Guido Bini:
- Unsubstantiated allegations of death threat made by me per statement from Josephine Townsend, I woman I have never spoken to whom, according to sworn statements made by Sgt. Andy Hamlin, I had divulged such nebulous threats to during a meeting held at Ms. Townsend’s office—a location I have never stepped foot in.
- My name, picture and personal information sent out on BOLO to ALL Clark County law agency personnel as being an “OFFICER SAFETY RISK” “APPROACH WITH CAUTION” (universally synonymous with armed and dangerous)
- Must be confronted by law enforcement if in the Hough neighborhood (I didn’t even know where this was or how to pronounce it until this BOLO was discovered)
- Yet with all of the above in place (essentially a hit put out on me per law enforcement) the BOLO states there is NO PC (probable cause) for arrest. In addition, Battle Ground School District, where I am a respected high school teacher with no prior criminal record of any kind, was assured by the VPD in May of this year that I need not be put on administrative leave as I pose no direct threat to high school students or staff members in my building.
I hope this has adequately addressed the generalization underlined below in the previous email in which I stated:
“Lt. Creager et al, I am requesting the same police lineup, but let me be clear… This is not an FOIA request to be craftily delayed per movement to the bottom of an “installment” plan… The legality of which we are currently investigating. This is a request to meet said officers in person as a part of DUE PROCESS of law that I have been continuously and intentionally denied. Please arrange prior to 4 pm Friday.
I further hope to have clearly outlined how and why I feel that I have been a victim of unlawful criminalization while being robbed of due process of law.
[Approved for redistribution]